Horn Loaded Ribbon Tweeter
The A80 horn-loaded ribbon tweeter continues in the tradition of the flagship 7001 near-field monitor speakers. The thin aluminium ribbon diaphragm has high sensitivity, superb transient response, extended frequency range, and well-defined resolution, perfect to meet any music you play head on. The meticulously formulated horn shape produces directional and optimized high frequencies from the ribbon tweeter, so they are aimed at the listeners, minimizing unwanted effects from room reflection. This also leads to superior imaging of the speaker. The result is unequivocally full and three dimensional sound with each detail well defined.
4.5” Aluminium Cone Ferrit Magnet
The Mid-woofer is a 4.5” unit with a hard anodized aluminum alloy cone suspended in a heavy, ultra rigid cast magnesium alloy frame. The proprietary aluminium alloy cone was designed through a meticulous process analysing different types of cone geometry and materials using a Klippel Laser Doppler Interferometer. The 35mm diameter voice coil is larger than most loudspeakers of this size. It has been shown that larger voice coils have less power compression because they run at a cooler operating temperature. Sonically this means a more realistic dynamic representation of the music. It is dynamics in music that gives it emotion and exhilaration. The cooler running temperature of the voice coil also has the side benefit of a more reliable loudspeaker since cooler voice coil means much less chance of speaker failure.
Fully Digital Amplifier
The power amplification part is built with 2 pieces of TAS5754 Class-D amplifier from Texas Instruments. This component is one of a handful of Class-D amplifiers on the market which combines high input sample rate support and high output PWM carrier frequency. These two characteristics are essential to achieve low background noise and low distortion. The up-to 192 KHz input sample rate support guarantees the entire link for digital processing run without any change in sample rate signal. Its 768 KHz output PWM carrier frequency, double the typical 384 KHz found in traditional Class-D amplifiers, is more suited to driving the highly sensitive ribbon tweeter. One TAS5754 is connected in bridge mode to the left and right channel woofer while the other amp is connected in bridge mode to the left and right channel ribbon tweeters.
- Tweeter: Horn Loaded Ribbon Tweeter
- Mid-Woofer: 4.5 inch Aluminum Cone 30mm VC Mid-Woofer
- Amplifier System: Digital Amplifer With Xmos Processor
- Power Output: L/R(Treble):10W+10W, L/R(Woofer): 40W+40W
- Frequency Range: 52Hz-40KHz
- Signal-Noise Ratio: L/R:≥90dB(A)
- Input Mode: AUX, PC, USB, Optical, Bluetooth (The USB, Optical Inputs Support Up to 192KHz Input Sample Rate)
- Input Sensitivity: AUX:450±50mV PC:550±50mV, USB:400±50mFFs, Optical:400±50mFFs Bluetooth:500±50mFFs Sub Out：1200mV Max
- Mains Voltag: AC 100-240 V /50-60 Hz
- Cabinet Size (WxHxD): 140x250x220mm
- Net Weight: 9.3 Kg(20lbs)