Outstanding image quality
A 9-blade iris and fast f/2.8 maximum aperture offers great creative opportunities and stunning image quality, even in low light.
Advanced image stabilisation
Designed for assured handheld shooting, a Hybrid Image Stabilizer gives great confidence with up to 5-stops2 of compensation.
Fast, silent, precise AF
Dual Nano USM motors bring new levels of rapid and silent focusing, perfect for stills or video. The lens design suppresses focus breathing too, ensuring consistency.
No compromise construction
This L-series lens features weather-sealing and fluorine coating on the outer element to guard against dust and water.
- Image Size: Full Frame
- 35mm Film Equivalent Focal Length (mm): 100
- Angle of View (Horzntl, Vertl, Diagnl): 20°, 14°, 24°
- Lens Construction (Elements/Groups): 17 / 13
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Minimum Aperture: 32
- Closest Focusing Distance (m): 0.26
- Maximum Magnification (x): 1.4
- Distance Information: Yes
- Image Stabilizer OIS: 5-stops1 (2-stops at 1.0x magnification, under Canon test standards)
- Image Stabilizer IBIS x OIS: 8-stops2
- AF Actuator: Dual Nano USM