A practical, general purpose professional
An essential workhorse lens, with a constant F2.8 aperture right across its 70-200mm focal length range, this zoom is perfect for travel, wildlife, news and sport.
Assured, responsive performance
For the first time in a Canon lens, dual Nano USM motors bring incredible new levels of rapid and silent continuous focusing, perfect for stills or video.
Superb L-series optical quality
The zoom heralds a new era in lens performance with a 5-stop Image Stabilizer, a 9-blade aperture, aspherical and Super UD elements and SWC and Super Spectra coatings.
Advanced L-series construction
This L-series lens features weather-sealing and fluorine coatings to guard against dust and water plus heat resistant paint to keep the lens cool in hot conditions.
- Max. diameter x length (mm): 89.9 x 146mm
- Filter diameter (mm): 77mm
- Weight (g): 1070
- Dust/moisture resistance: Yes
- Image Size: Full Frame
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl): 29° - 10°, 19° 30' - 7°, 34° - 12°
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 17/13
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: 32
- Closest focusing distance (m): 0.7
- Maximum magnification (x): 0.23x
- Distance Information: Yes
- Image stabilizer: 5
- AF actuator Dual Nano: USM