Baked In gingerbread house bake kit
Ground Ginger, Muscovado Sugar, Bicarbonate of Soda, Plain white flour (wheat flour, statutory nutrients: calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)(Wheat), Icing Sugar (sugar, Cornflour Starch), Jelly Beans (Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Starch, Acid: Citric Acid, Flavouring, Fruit and Plant Concentrates: Apple, Bilberry, Blackcurrant, Carrot, Hibiscus, Lemon, Radish, Safflower, Spirulina, Sweet Potato, Anti-Caking Agent: Talc, Glazing Agent: Beeswax, Carnauba Wax), Fruit Drops (Glucose syrup, sugar, acid: lactic acid; acidity regulator: sodium lactate; flavours, colours: E141, E160c, E161b, E163.), Mixed spice,
Allergen Information - Contains
For allergens, please see ingredients in bold
Cereals containing Gluten
May contain Allergens
Product Claims - Suitable For
Ovo Lacto Vegetarian
Portion Size 0 g
Energy - kJ 1523.0000 per 100g
Energy - kcal 364.0000 per 100g
Fat (g) .7000 per 100g
Fat of which Saturated (g) .1000 per 100g
Carbohydrates (g) 83.0000 per 100g
Carbohydrates of which Sugars (g) 47.0000 per 100g
Fibre (g) .0000 per 100g
Protein (g) 4.8000 per 100g
Salt (g) .1100 per 100g
Please store in a cool, dry place
1. PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5. In a medium/large saucepan, melt 165g of butter and add bag 1 (sugar), mixing until the sugar has dissolved. Leave until cool enough to touch.
2. MIX: Add bag 2 (flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda) to the cooled melted butter and sugar, and start to bring the dough together. Gradually add 2-3 tbsp (30-45ml) of water, 1 tbsp (15ml) at a time, and use your hands to lightly knead the dough until it holds itself together into a smooth ball and does not crumble.
3. ROLL: Line the baking tray(s) with the provided pieces of A4 baking paper and leave to one side. Split the dough in half and put one half into the centre of one of the pieces of provided A3 baking paper, put the other A3 piece on top. Use your hands to flatten the dough a little and then roll it out to slightly thicker than a pound coin.
4. CUT: Cut out the provided templates. Use the templates to cut out 2 large rectangles. Put the rectangles onto a prepared baking tray. Gather the excess dough, and re-roll with the remaining half of the dough. Use the templates to cut out 2 large triangles. Put the triangles onto the other prepared baking tray. Use any spare dough to make extra gingerbread biscuits. Don’t discard the templates, you will need them again.
5. CRUSH: To make the stained-glass windows, unwrap the sweets from bag 3 (fruit drops), and put them into the provided empty bag. Crush with a rolling pin into small pieces. Using the rectangle template, cut a window in each dough rectangle. Fill the windows with the crushed sweets, heaping slightly as they will bubble down when melted. Once cooked the stained-glass windows will be very hot, so take care.
6. BAKE: Bake each batch of gingerbread for 12-14 minutes, or until golden. Over-baking slightly is better than under-baking, as this will give the house a sturdier structure.
Country of Origin
Online Food Disclaimer
While Selfridges takes reasonable care to ensure the information (including allergen) appearing on our website is correct, recipes and ingredients are subject to changes by our suppliers & manufacturers.
To ensure you are reviewing the most up to date information PLEASE CHECK THE PRODUCT PACKAGING BEFORE CONSUMPTION.