Bakedin Millionaire's Shortbread baking kit 869g
Plain white flour (wheat flour, statutory nutrients: calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)(WHEAT), dark brown sugar (sugar, cane molasses), Belgian dark chocolate chips (Sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, emulsifier: SOYA lecithin, natural vanilla flavouring)(SOYA), Light Brown Sugar (sugar, Cane Molasses), White Chocolate Chips (sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole MILK Powder, Emulsifier (SOYA Lecithin), Vanilla Extract))(MILK, SOYA), Carnation Condensed MILK (whole MILK, Sugar, Minimum 8% Milk Fat, 20% Milk Solids Not Fat)(Milk)
Allergen Information - Contains
For allergens, please see ingredients in bold
May contain Allergens
Product Claims - Suitable For
Ovo Lacto Vegetarian
Portion Size 100 g
Energy - kJ 1687.0000 per 100g / 1687.0000 Per Portion
Energy - kcal 399.0000 per 100g / 399.0000 Per Portion
Fat (g) 7.1000 per 100g / 7.1000 Per Portion
Fat of which Saturated (g) 4.2000 per 100g / 4.2000 Per Portion
Carbohydrates (g) 78.0000 per 100g / 78.0000 Per Portion
Carbohydrates of which Sugars (g) 53.0000 per 100g / 53.0000 Per Portion
Fibre (g) .0000 per 100g
Protein (g) 4.8000 per 100g / 4.8000 Per Portion
Salt (g) .0100 per 100g / .0100 Per Portion
Please store in a cool, dry place.
1. PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm square tin and line with the provided baking paper. In a large bowl, briefly beat 110g of butter until soft, then gradually add bag 1 (plain flour, light brown sugar). Mix until a soft dough forms.
2. SMOOTH: Put the shortbread dough into the prepared tin and press into the base using your fingers. Smooth over the dough with the back of a spoon for an even layer.
3. BAKE: Bake the shortbread for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Whilst still slightly warm, if the shortbread has come away from the sides, gently use the back of a spoon to push it back to the edges. Leave to cool completely.
4. BOIL: When the shortbread has cooled, begin to make the caramel. In a medium saucepan over a low heat, melt together 150g of butter with bag 2 (dark brown sugar, plain flour). When the butter has melted and sugar dissolved, add the tin of Carnation Condensed Milk and mix to combine. Increase the heat slightly and bring the caramel to a boil, stirring continuously.
5. STIR: Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid it catching on the bottom of the pan, until the caramel has thickened slightly. Pour the caramel onto the cooled shortbread base and leave to one side to cool for 20 minutes, then chill in the fridge for 1 hour until firm enough to top with the chocolate.
6. MELT: Once the caramel is set, begin to make the chocolate layer. Over a low heat, stir together 35g of butter and bag 3 (dark chocolate chips) in a saucepan, until melted. Pour the chocolate topping over the set caramel and spread to the edges to create a smooth, thin layer of chocolate.
7. PIPE: Empty bag 4 (white chocolate chips) into a heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted. Alternatively put the bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring the bowl does not touch the water, and mix.
Country of Origin
Online Food Disclaimer
While Selfridges takes reasonable care to ensure the information (including allergen) appearing on our website is correct, recipes and ingredients are subject to changes by our suppliers & manufacturers.
To ensure you are reviewing the most up to date information PLEASE CHECK THE PRODUCT PACKAGING BEFORE CONSUMPTION.