Leica Q2 Reporter
The design variant of the Leica Q2 is enveloped in a ‘body armour’ made of Kevlar® – a synthetic material known for its exceptional resilience. Over time, exposure to natural UV rays will change the fabric’s colour, until it matches the dark green, highly scratch-resistant finish of the camera body. In addition to these traits, the Leica Q2 Reporter offers the same level of protection against dust and water infiltration as the serial model.
95% more resolution than the original Q
Setting a brand new benchmark in the world of compact digital cameras, the Q2 now comes with a sensor that delivers 95% more resolution than the original Q. The new 47.3 megapixel, full-frame sensor and newly developed Maestro processor capture lifelike detail in imagery, 4k video resolution and offers ISO sensitivity settings up to 50,000.
Summilux 28mm lens
Paired with the Summilux 28mm lens with a 1.7 f-stop, the Q2 delivers unmatched image quality, even in low lighting conditions.
True to its reputation as one of the best cameras for street photography, the Q2 can autofocus on a subject in under 0.15 seconds. The camera's new and improved processor now also allows continuous shooting modes with up to 10 frames per second at full resolution
Waterproof and dust-proof
Another new feature of the camera is the dust and spray water proofed body. This protective sealing allows the Q2 to be used in all weather conditions, without compromise.
Best-in-class video solutions
If video is your thing, the Q2 is equipped with best-in-class video solutions. Whether recording in Full HD at 24, 30, 60 or 120 fps, 4K in 24 or 30fps, or industry-standard Cinema 4K (C4K), there is a video mode for every need.
To allow you maximum flexibility when composing shots, the camera now features an integrated digital zoom function. Crops of 35, 50 or 75mm can be selected and images are saved in JPEGs in the corresponding resolution. An uncropped version of the image is simultaneously saved as a DNG file at full resolution, allowing you the creative freedom of picking the right crop in the editing process.
High-res OLED viewfinder
The newly developed, high-res OLED viewfinder has a resolution of 3.68 megapixels and offers an increased image depth and contrast. The viewfinder is activated upon being brought to the eye and shows a live view without any perceivable delay.
- Camera type Digital: 35 mm compact camera, fixed focal length
- Picture format/aspect ratio: 24 x 36 mm/2:3
- Lens Leica Summilux 28 f/1.7 ASPH., 11 elements in 9 groups, 3 aspherical elements
- Digital frame selector (digital zoom): 28 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 75 mm
- Image stabilization Optical compensation system for photo and video recordings
- Aperture range 1.7 to 16 in 1⁄3 EV increments
- Picture sensor/resolution: Full frame CMOS sensor, 50.4/47.3 million pixels (total/effective)
- Dynamic range: 14 aperture stops at ISO 100
- Color depth: 14 bit
- Video recording format: MP4 (C4K / 4K / FullHD)
- Video resolution/frame rate: 4K: 30 oder 24 B/s, C4K: 24 B/s, Full-HD: 24, 30, 60 oder 120 B/s
- Sound recording format: AAC
- Shots / Battery: Approx. 350 (according to CIPA-standard)
- Body: Made of lightweight and robust magnesium construction
- Lens filter thread: E49
- Tripod thread: A 1/4 DIN 4503 (1/4"")
- Dimensions Approx: 130 × 80 × 91.9 mm
- Weight Approx: 734g