The Naim Streaming Platform
At the heart of Mu-so 2nd Generation is Naim’s music-streaming platform, developed by 25 engineers over 3 years to offer the very best performance whether playing your own digital music collection, a world of Internet radio, or music streaming services such as TIDAL and Spotify.
DSP - The heart of the System
The all-new multicore Digital Signal Processor (DSP) drives higher performance, providing 2000 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second) compared to the original Mu-so’s single-core, 150MIPS DSP. You can also hear even more from your music.
Optimised Speaker Drivers
Mu-so 2nd Generation’s 450 Watts of music power are joined by improved and highly optimised speaker drivers – a joint development project between Naim and Focal R&D departments. Focal has been creating benchmark acoustic equipment since 1979, and its expertise has taken speaker-driver precision and performance to new levels.
- Audio Inputs: HDMI ARC in with CEC
- Streaming: Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast Built-in, UPnPTM, Spotify® Connect, TIDAL, Roon Ready, Bluetooth, Internet Radio
- Analogue Input: 3.5mm Jack
- USB: USB2 (Type A connector)
- Digital (S/PDIF): Optical S/PDIF up to 96khz
- Multiroom: Sync up to five Naim Streaming products and control via the Naim App.
- Network: Ethernet (10/100Mbps), Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), BLE v4.2
- Internet Radio Formats: Windows Media-formatted content, MP3, ACC, Ogg Vorbis streams and MMS
- Internet Radio Provider: vTuner Premium 5
- WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, DSD
- Finishes : Burnished and anodised aluminium casework, CNC milled, bead blasted and anodised aluminium heatsinks, Dual tone grey and black fabric grille.
- Weight: 11.2kg
- Dimensions: 122mm x 628 mm x 264 mm
- Amplifier Output: 450W – (6 x 75W)
- Mains Supply: 100V, 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: Typical use: 17W. Standby mode: < 2W. Deep sleep (No-network standby mode): < 0.5W
- Speaker System: Stereo 3-way; DSP-optimised vented box acoustic system
- Boxed Content: Muso Gen 2, Dual tone grey and black grille, remote control, mains cables (market dependent), reset pin-hole tool and information booklets.