Portable flash unit: the ideal piece of kit to have at hand when you need more light, or want to add a creative touch to your images. i-TTL compatible.
Versatile coverage: a guide number of 18/59 lets you illuminate distant subjects even in low light conditions.
Direct the light: the flash head tilts up to 120°, giving you the freedom to angle the light just the way you want. Get creative with shots by “bouncing” the flash off the ceiling or walls.
External wide panel included: lets you diffuse the light for more balanced illumination and greater coverage when shooting with wide-angle lenses.
Nikon 1 design: the minimalistic design ensures perfect compatibility with Nikon 1 camera bodies.
Simple to use: the Speedlight attaches directly to the multi accessory port on your Nikon 1 camera.
- Electronic construction: Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Supported cameras: Interchangeable lens format digital cameras with multi accessory ports
- Guide number (20 °C/68 °F): 18/59; 10/33 with wide-flash adapter (ISO 100, m/ft)
- Angle of illumination: Covers angle of view of 10 mm lens (6.7 mm with wide-flash adapter)
- Effective flash range (i-TTL): 0.6 m to 20 m (2 ft to 66 ft); varies with ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture
- Supported flash control modes: i-TTL, manual
- Options available using camera controls: Flash mode: Fill flash (front-curtain sync), front-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, and rear-curtain with slow sync; Flash control mode: i-TTL, manual; Flash compensation
- Bounce angle: Flash rotates vertically up to 120° with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 60°, 75°, 90°, and 120°
- Device on/off: Power switch used to turn SB-N7 on and off
- Power source: Two AAA alkaline, lithium, or NiMH batteries
- Flash-ready light: Charging complete: Lights; Warning: Blinks
- Flash duration: Lights for about 1/1400 s when fired at full power
- Other options: Thermal cut-out, firmware can be updated from camera
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 58.4 x 68.4 x 62.3 mm (2.3 x 2.7 x 2.5 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 113.8 g/4.0 oz (with two 11.4 g/0.4 oz batteries); Approx. 91 g/3.2 oz (body only)