Ready for your night shoot
This camera’s incredible light-gathering capabilities free you to create in any light. You get clean, full-frame images across the ultra-wide ISO range when shooting stills, and clean output when shooting video. Low-light AF now works down to -6 EV with an f/2 (or faster) lens—you’ll find focus even under the quarter-moon light.
So much faster
The ultra-wide Hybrid AF system offers spot-on subject acquisition. You can shoot up to 14 fps at full resolution with full autofocus and auto exposure. When speed matters—and it always matters—you’ll catch the shots others might miss.
Twice as powerful
Whatever you do with the light, do it faster and more fluidly. Twin EXPEED processors double the power at your disposal for everything from AF to buffer capacity. Performance is smooth as silk, whether filming or shooting stills.
More speed—for longer
The faster, high-performance buffer lets you shoot up to 200 JPEGs or 124 12-bit uncompressed RAW images in one burst. The high refresh rate means you won’t miss a second, and the dual EXPEED engines ensure lightning-fast write speeds.
Dual card slots for a fluid workflow
With two memory card slots at your disposal, you have room to adapt to any workflow. Separate stills from movies, or RAW from JPEG. Copy files between cards. Configure slots for overflow and backup. You can use UHS-II SD cards in one slot, and XQD cards or the latest ultra-fast CFexpress cards in the other.
Pound those dusty streets. Brave those mountain paths. Shoot down at the water’s edge. With a super-strong, lightweight magnesium-alloy frame, the Z 6II is easy to carry and tough enough to handle any location. Fully sealed against dust, dirt, and moisture, it will go wherever inspiration takes you.
RAW over HDMI
Maximum control in post. Faster transfer rates. The Z 6II lets you connect to a compatible ATOMOS external recorder to export video as ProRes RAW®, which preserves all the data from the camera’s full-frame sensor in smaller files
- Type: Mirrorless
- Lens mount: Nikon Z mount
- Image sensor: FX, CMOS, 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Total pixels: 25.28 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (Capture NX-D software required)
- Effective pixels: 24.5 million
- Max Image Size: 6048 x 4024 (24.3 million)
- Image Format: JPEG + RAW
- Movie Max Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) @ 30p (progressive)/25p/24p, 60p available after firmware update, 1920 1080@ 120p
- Movie file format: MOV, MP4
- Audio recording format: Linear PCM (for movies recorded in MOV format), AAC (for movies recorded in MP4 format)
- Storage media: CFexpress (Type B), XQD, SD, SDHC (UHS-II compliant), SDXC (UHS-II compliant)
- Dual card slot: 1 CFexpress card or XQD card and 1 Secure Digital (SD) card, Either card can be used for primary or backup storage or for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG images; pictures can be copied between cards.
- File system: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.31
- Viewfinder: 0.5” approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED electronic viewfinder, 0.8x magnification
- Diopter adjustment: -4 to +2 m-¹
- Compatible lenses: Z mount NIKKOR lenses F mount NIKKOR lenses (mount adapter required; restrictions may apply)
- Shutter type: Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter; electronic shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 s, (choose from step sizes of 1/3 and 1/2 EV, extendable to 900 s in mode M), bulb, time, X200
- Flash sync speed: X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower; auto FP high-speed sync supported
- Release mode: S (single frame), CL (continuous low speed), CH (continuous high speed), Continuous H (extended), Self-timer
- Self-timer: 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s
- Exposure metering: TTL metering using camera image sensor
- Metering range: -4 to +17 EV
- Mode: Auto, P: programmed auto with flexible program, S: shutter-priority auto, A: aperture-priority auto, M: manual U1, U2 and U3: user settings modes
- Exposure compensation: –5 to +5 EV, in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, available in modes P, S, A, and M
- Exposure lock: Luminosity locked at detected value
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 - 51200
- Autofocus: Hybrid phase-detection/contrast AF with AF assist
- Focus points: 273
- Camera VR: 5-axis image sensor shift
- Flash control: TTL: i-TTL flash control; i-TTL balanced fill-flash is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i-TTL fill-flash with spot metering
- Accessory shoe: ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Monitor: 3.2” Tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170° viewing angle, approx. 2100k-dot
- USB: Type C USB connector (SuperSpeed USB); connection to built-in USB port is recommended
- HDMI output: Type C HDMI connector
- Audio input/out: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2.4GHz/ 5GHz), Bluetooth V4.2
- Accessory terminal(s): Built-in (can be used with MC-DC2 remote cords and other optional accessories)
- Battery: One EN-EL15c rechargeable Li-ion battery