More power, greater detail
With twin EXPEED processors at its heart, the Z 7II effortlessly meets the challenge of creating high-resolution full-frame images. You’ll benefit from greater dynamic range and cleaner performance across the wide ISO range. You’ll be able focus with absolute tenacity—even when shooting in extreme low light.
Maximum speed and reliability
Dual card slots let you use UHS-II SD cards in one slot and XQD or ultra-fast CFexpress cards in the other. Configure the camera to use the cards for overflow or backup—or separate RAW files from JPEGs and stills from video.
Ultra-wide, tack-sharp AF
The sensitive Hybrid AF system delivers wide, pin-sharp coverage and the camera returns to your selected focus point when it wakes from standby. Exposure metering down to -4 EV is available when shooting with an f/2 (or faster) lens.
Shoot faster for longer—in silence
Shooting speeds of up to 10 fps allow immense flexibility, while the deeper buffer and dual card slots let you keep shooting without interruption. Catch up to 200 full-res JPEGs, or 77 12-bit uncompressed RAW images, in one burst.
Stunning dynamic range
Textures, patterns, colours. The Z 7II delivers incredible dynamic range at both high and low ISO values. Tonal gradations are exceptionally smooth and skin tones are reproduced with stunning accuracy. The ability to shoot video at resolutions up to 4K/60p lets you portray dynamic scenes in mesmerising detail.
A viewfinder that keeps up
The high-definition 3690k-dot electronic viewfinder (EVF) gives you a smooth, uninterrupted view even when shooting at high speed. The high refresh rate greatly reduces blackout, so you’ll never lose sight of what’s in front of you.
Tough doesn’t begin to describe it
Rough terrain, harsh weather conditions, or on-set fog machines—the Z 7II doesn’t flinch. This mirrorless camera is forged from super-strong yet lightweight magnesium alloy and fully sealed against dust, dirt, and moisture. Go wherever your ideas take you and shoot comfortably when you get there.
- Type: Mirrorless
- Lens mount: Nikon Z mount
- Image sensor: FX, CMOS, 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Total pixels: 46.89 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (Capture NX-D software required)
- Effective pixels: 45.7 million
- Storage media: CFexpress (Type B), XQD, SD, SDHC (UHS-II compliant), SDXC (UHS-II compliant)
- Dual card slot: 1 CFexpress card or XQD card and 1 Secure Digital (SD) card, Either card can be used for primary or backup storage or for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG images; pictures can be copied between cards.
- Magnification: Approx. 0.8x (50 mm lens at infinity, -1.0 m)
- Eyepoint: 21 mm (-1.0 m; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- Diopter adjustment: -4 to +2 m
- Eye sensor: Automatically switches between monitor and viewfinder displays
- Compatible lenses: Z mount NIKKOR lenses F mount NIKKOR lenses (mount adapter required; restrictions may apply)
- Frame advance rate: Up to 10 fps, Continuous L: Approx. 1 to 5 fps Continuous H: Approx. 5.5 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: Approx. 5 fps) Continuous H (extended): Approx. 10 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: Approx. 9 fps)
- Self-timer: 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s
- Exposure metering: TTL metering using camera image sensor
- Metering range: -3 to +17 EV
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 64 to 25600, in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600; auto ISO sensitivity control available (Recommended Exposure Index)
- Autofocus: Hybrid phase-detection/contrast AF with AF assist
- Detection range: -3 to +19 EV (with low-light AF: -4 to +19 EV)
- Camera VR: 5-axis image sensor shift
- Lens VR: Lens shift (available with VR lenses)
- Battery: One EN-EL15c rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 134 x 100.5 x 69.5 mm (5.3 x 4 x 2.8 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 705 g (1 lb. 8.9 oz.), with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 615 g/1 lb. 5.7 oz. (camera body only)